Reflections on the Sketchbook Challenge- Days 11- 20

Sketchbook Challenge Galia Alena, mixed media moleskine moon painting
Day 13
I'm 20 days into this challenge, and the craziest thing- I'm already contemplating my next challenge (more on that later)- I think I might need an intervention. What do you think? Meanwhile the yoga mat is somewhat neglected ;)


Sketchbook Challenge Galia Alena, mixed media moleskine
Days 17 & 19/20

Sketchbook Challenge Galia Alena, mixed media moleskine
Days 12, 11 & 14/15





What I'm noticing now:
  • I'm wanting to take my sketchbook off the table, away from the camera and into the wild- particularly for the sketch of the house.
  • I'm not good at painting kittens, which shouldn't surprise be since I've never done it before- we all have to start somewhere.
  • I'm building confidence in what I can tackle (kitten above case in point)- just starting and giving it ago is the biggest gift to creativity.
  • Showing up, pushing through and building up marks results in something.
  • Mistakes get hidden or obscured by the end result, or they add character and don't matter so much in the end.
  • Drawing takes up as much time as a painted journal page can.
  • I love mixing mediums.
  • I'm excited to see what's next.
  • Some pages can stretch over two days ;) 
  • I'm still playing with styles and ways.

Videos for each day can be found over on my Youtube channel here.

Sketchbook Challenge Galia Alena, mixed media moleskine coffee drawings
Day 16 & 18

Comments

Popular Posts